Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hate Crime : Racism in India


It seems nothing has changed in India on line of racism. The recent killing of Nido Taniam a 19 year old student from North East India (Arunachal Pradesh )has again showed how rest of India despise the physical appearance of people from North East India.
His crime is that he got flat nose & small eyes or rather Mongoloid look as we happened to. When we speak Hindi the phonetic Hindi word sound odd. This crime would have gone un-reported like many more had he happened to be from a common household.
I still remember when I was a 5th standard student in Delhi during 1972, I used to be bullied by my class mates for my physical appearance & for my language. They then used to consider us people as Jungalee and still they think we are Jungalee & outsider. The reason so was the policies of keeping North East India blocked from publicity & not including its presence in main Indian History text. How ever with this sad happenings the policies on governance, and writers/reporters will change towards this part of the Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment