Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Aunt from Biswanath Charali, Sonitpur, Assam


To day its a great lost to me and to our family as a whole. The photograph shown was taken yesterday & the old lady seen in the photograph was my maternal Aunt aged 91 years old 'Xudavati Hatibaruah Deka' who died today in the early morning at her present residence 'Koch Gaon, Biswanath Charali, Sonitpur, Assam. She was a retired teacher, writer, took part in India's freedom struggle as RCPI, activist on women cause, daughter of Indian freedom fighter Late Tulsi Hatibaruah of Sootea in District Sonitpur, Assam, Nephew of another freedom fighter Late Rohinikanta Hatibariah of Karanga, Jorhat, Assam. The sad part is that my younger siblings seen in the photograph did not got enough time to learn wisdom from her. For them she will remain as a dream. I pray almighty for giving peace to her departed soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment